Saturday, January 29, 2011

Random Recent Texas Pictures

Thanks to Shelley for the Photoshop tip - I'm having fun with the trial version! I still can't get over the amount of Texas flags/stars/pride floating around here.
Just some recent pictures from not too far up the road. I have been doing a bunch of genealogy over the past few years, and one of the things that interests me about the area is that there are Stalcup/Stallcup relatives that were among the pioneers to this region of North Texas in the 1840's. This old abandoned house is a few miles away from where one of the Stallcup's had land, and while I know the house is a bit more modern that the 1840's, it still reminds me of what a possible home would've looked like for Thomas Stallcup and family back in the day.

These are for Tabby since she didn't get to see any longhorns when she visited. I think this one is trying to wink for her - or farting - I'm not sure which!

Next to the cows was a local park that had a farm museum, so I had to go B&W for the old school tools-o-the-farm.



I really liked Lisa's windmill and was inspired to try and do the same. Hers was more worn and had character though. I forgot to slow the shutter speed down to get motion - I'll try it again next time.


The next shots were in a development/shopping area called 'Adriatica' in McKinney. It is based on a Croatian village, and it is pretty neat.


Nothing special photography-wise with the last one, just was amazed at the size of that dwelling. Everything is bigger in Texas!


No comments:

Post a Comment