Sunday, March 6, 2011

Morning Pictures

I went out really early this morning in hopes of getting some good sunrise shots, and to get away from the city lights a bit I went north a little bit to a town called Prosper. I went to a place where I knew there was an old abandoned farm house and windmill, but unfortunately the farmhouse was torn down. I was hoping to light paint the house, but since it was gone I couldn't do that. But nonetheless, there was a nice sunrise, and once it started to lighten up, I noticed an old house with some horses, so it wasn't a total bust this morning! The bright 'star' is actually Venus.
It is amazing how much color is in the sky when it actually appears a bit darker in person.
And it is amazing how many folks are up and about driving along farm roads in Collin County on a Sunday morning - but they made for some cool photo opportunities with the 1.6 second exposure!
This is right next to where the old house stood - not sure what it is - a watering trough/tub I think. I think this was a 4 second exposure.
I like how the white house is reflecting various colors of the sunrise in the next 3 shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment